Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [Mutants] Once More With Feeling [Caitlin / Jax]

12-04-2018
08:15 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
12-04-2018, 08:15 PM
Once More With Feeling [Caitlin / Jax] [Post #1]
Once More With Feeling

The mission is over. They collected Emma without a hitch and they all made it out alive. Even Logan who has been given the rundown on what happened the past few years. That went swell, even when Victor barged in. Caitlin had turned around, left the room and locked the door behind her. Now it was time to find Gabriel but instead she finds an empty kitchen and decides to calm down first.

Except she gets a visitor...

RULES
* For Jaxon [Chrissie] & Caitlin [Ellen] initially. Crashing is allowed.
* All GENEsis and Board rules apply.
08:58 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
12-05-2018, 08:58 PM
[In-Character] [Post #2]
Caitlin was staring at the kettle, willing it to heat up faster. She could actually do that but didn’t trust herself right now that she wouldn’t set the kitchen ablaze. The mission had gone well, very well even and that bothered her. Nothing went well with them. There were always hiccups. Hell they even managed to spring Wolverine free, a mutant they all thought was dead for decades.

As it seems, the man had been hanging out with Stark since the nineties. Trying to get himself cured from that damn virus that had wiped out so many of their kind.

Maybe it hadn’t been smart to dump him into Victor’s lap but there was only so much she could tell and Victor could do the rest. That is, if they didn’t manage to kill each other. She had him summoned to the training room and when the two men had seen each other, it hadn’t been Logan to go after the other man. Victor had shouted some obscenities and charged his brother.

Cait had left, locking the door behind her and putting up a ‘do not disturb’ sign.

Now she was here in the kitchen, trying to ease her nerves before she would find Gabe and tell him about the mission. Not that she needed to, because she knew he had been watching them from afar. Silly man hadn’t really tried to stay out of her empathic reach.

She jumped at the sound of a voice speaking to her. “Oh Jax!” She clasped a hand over her heart, willing it to calm down. “A bit jittery, I guess. And tired.” She frowned at that. Yeah, she felt restless but her body was demanding a time out as well. Very contradictory. It’s why she had decided on some camomile to ease her nerves.

“Do you want some tea as well?”
09:32 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
12-05-2018, 09:32 PM
[In-Character] [Post #3]
Jaxon declined her offer of tea and she continued to prepare he own, the water was almost at boiling point when he told her he wanted to talk to her about something. “Hmm?” She responded, looking up and seeing that he was very serious about it. Then again, he usually looked serious but now she could tell that he actually was.

She poured the hot water over her teabag and just nodded at his question. “Sure. What’s up?” She asked him, putting the kettle back on the stove and turning it off.

Caitlin watched him swipe across his tablet, while taking a seat next to him so she could see what was on his screen. It looked like body scans. Put together into a single picture. What was she looking at? Where those hers?

Apparently they were, since he started to ask about her wellbeing. For a moment she didn’t know what to say, where he was going with this. “What’s going on Jax? Am I sick?” She had been tired but had blamed the new arrivals. She had been sick a few times but all had been related to overuse of her empathic skills, which she had also blamed on the new people in the building.

“I’m sick aren’t I? Am I going to die?” Why she thought that was on the table, she had no idea but it would fit the day she was having. This would be the horrible thing in which it could end since the mission had gone flawless.
03:33 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
12-06-2018, 03:33 PM
[In-Character] [Post #4]
Caitlin could just smack herself for jumping to conclusions too fast but she wasn’t in her right mind at the moment. Jumpy, jittery and staring at those scans… well… What was she looking at? Jaxon told her she wasn’t sick nor would she die right now but someday and she let out a sigh of relief. Okay so not sick but what then?

Then he showed her something else, an enlarged image of her midsection, particularly where her womb was located. And there was a dot inside it.

What the effing… She stared and stared and the numbers told her six to eight weeks, give or take and she swallowed. The fact that Jaxon had to tell her that she was pregnant made her want to throw up on the spot. He found it concerning that she had missed it. He found it concerning?

“I’ve been occupied.” She murmured, her eyes still fixated on the little dot that was apparently growing inside of her. That was quite the understatement.

Gabe was going to have a stroke. And a fit. Yes, both. And he was going to go all nuts on her and demanding things he knew he shouldn’t demand because it hadn’t worked the first time and and and… He would love this too. Would love another addition to their family. Not that they had talked about it, but when did these things happened planned anyway? Tony and Lexie hadn’t.

“Did you make a full scan? Can I hear the heartbeat?” She asked on a whisper. Not sure what Jaxon actually could do, besides noticing her being pregnant before she had.

So much made sense now. Her tiredness, her empathic abilities going on a fritz and then there was the fact that she had been crying a lot. She wasn’t the crying person but lately… Even Gabe hadn’t known how to react to that.

And then fear set in. They couldn’t bring in another child on this Earth, could they? He or she would be hunted. What if the little bean had her family’s power immunity? There would be another set of Summers walking around, wanted for testing. Her hand moved to her tummy, rubbing it lightly. She felt her eyes burning, tears ready to be shed but she held them back.

“Oh god, Jax. I’m pregnant.”
07:14 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
12-06-2018, 07:14 PM
[In-Character] [Post #5]
Jax acknowledged her own statement once more and she was still at a loss. Pregnant. Again. He placed his hands on her arms, congratulating her on being a mother once more and she didn’t know if she should laugh or cry. Jax however smiled at her and pulled her in for a hug. One she didn’t realised she needed until he embraced her.

The tears came this time, and she didn’t try to stop them. “Will it be fine?” She asked him. Because she wasn’t so sure.

“How can it be fine? We’re stuck in a theatre. My kids haven’t been outside in forever…” She sobbed. “… and now I’m going to put another child on this earth and keep it locked up.” It wasn’t fair, none of it was.

Not even using Jaxon as shoulder to cry on. Man up Cait. She thought to herself, but that was not that easy. “They will hunt them if they ever find out what they can do.” Referring to Tony and Lexie. “Who knows what this little bean can do with his brother and sister.”

“They want them as trophies.” She was working herself up into a frenzy, so much so that she felt sick all of a sudden. She pulled away from Jax and barely made it to the sink where she tossed out the contents of her stomach. Yeah she most definitely was pregnant.
07:42 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
12-07-2018, 07:42 AM
[In-Character] [Post #6]
Protecting them… they shouldn’t need protecting! They should be able to play outside without being worried that some bad person wants to take them away. The only thing that should worry their little minds is what mommy would make for dinner or when they would get that new toy they’ve seen on tv.

Jax was being too kind to her, rubbing up and down her back. It was a small mercy that she still had her hair up from the mission. Not that she was looking forward to washing chunks of whatever out of her hair.

“God, it’s happening all over again.” She murmured when Jaxon urged her to calm down. She would work herself up in a frenzy and started throwing up.

She went down this road with her first pregnancy as well. She took the glass of water, rinsed her mouth and spit it out in the sink. Then she grabbed a few paper towels and blew her nose. She took another sip from the water, this time swallowing it.

“I’m sorry Jax. This is not something someone should witness.” She took another clean paper towel, and wiped her eyes dry. Then she slowly closed the intake of emotions until there was only a trickle left. Just a line to Scott and her family. At some point she needed to lock herself up if she kept forgetting to shut herself down. Hormones however were not her friend, and she knew this. Though, she figured part of her not being able to control her empathy had come from Lexie.

“Could you not tell Gabe? I like to tell him the news himself.” She smiled a watery smile at him. “Thank you though, for telling me this. I don’t think I would have figured it out with everything going on around here.” And she probably wouldn’t have, not with most of her energy being diverted to Scott and keeping him calm during their memory retrieval sessions.

“Let’s try this hug thing again without the sobbing.” She held out her arms for another hug. Her nerves were still jittery and she still felt a little sick but
08:55 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
12-07-2018, 08:55 AM
[In-Character] [Post #7]
He might think of himself as an android most of the time but he sure as hell knew how to give a hug. She let out a sigh and let him comfort him with both his hug and his words. It was nice to hear once in a while from someone else that she was doing a good job raising her kids and how they were helping the others.

Cait never thought they could have pulled it off, but here they were. Safe and sound, with no one the wiser that there was a somewhat large mutant community living right under the government’s nose.

“Thank you for saying that.” She told him, and she meant it. “I’m glad that we could make this our home for such a long period of time.” And it made her think if that had been possible without Alex his sacrifice or Scott being captured. Hmm maybe she ought to point that out to her husband, after she fulfilled one of his list wishes.

“Of course you may.” She told him, pulling back and looking at him. God, she felt tired. Maybe a good night’s rest would do her a world of good. Cait pulled herself back, listening to what Jax was offering as a suggestion and she frowned. He was right though, she could already feel the tug from Scott and it would only be more until he fully remembered and knew how to deal with it.

“I know, I know.” She sighed. “I’ll ask her to help me where possible.”

“You’re a good friend, Jax. I’m glad you’re here with us.” She smiled at him. Their lives had become a lot easier with him around. Especially since he had taken over the security, they all slept a lot better.
12:57 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
01-14-2019, 12:57 PM
[In-Character] [Post #8]
FF where Caitlin is going to see Jax after he tried to kidnap her. Just a few days after.

She was trying to get herself to leave their quarters, knew that she couldn’t stay here or wait for Gabriel to come back and be with her whenever she stepped a foot outside of these rooms. Caitlin wasn’t one to back down easily, wasn’t one to get scared. Owned up to her fear but just the thought of getting snatched again, of losing her powers? No that just downright scared her.

It had taken a full day and a half for to get her abilities back, for that damn suppressant to have flushed out of her system and she still didn’t feel right. Like she wasn’t complete. Her little bean was glowing brightly, though. The baby already adding her power to hers. Like a mini boost.

Gabe had been fine with her just hanging out here, where he was sure she would be safest. But now she was alone because Lexie and Tony had decided they needed to show Ben something very important. And it was super secret, apparently.

Cait stared at the door, knowing perfectly well that if she didn’t go the fear of leaving would become bigger. And she didn’t want to be one of those shut-ins, and be a crazy cat lady or something. Besides, she had told herself that she needed to go see someone. And if she kept putting that off, it would become harder as well. Her hand rested on the doorknob, and then she was outside of their rooms.

Her heart skipped a beat, she took a deep breath and started walking towards the lab. She could do this, she kept telling herself. Nothing to it. Just one foot after the other. Cait used her GPS to see who she would run into but it seemed that the hallways were clear. It made her wonder if her kids had anything to do with that. Watch out, our crazy cat lady mother is coming through!

She shook her head, her thoughts having distracted her enough to realise that she had made it towards the lab but she hovered inside of the doorway, her eyes falling on the one man strapped down to a bed. Wires going in and out of him towards a monitor and she felt sad.

Jax was her friend, family even and here he was. Tied to a bed because her husband didn’t trust that this man was fully himself again.

Was he though? She might as well find out for herself instead of hearing it from someone else.

Cait stepped inside the room, walking slowly to the bed. Feeling her heartrate go up as she got closer. The memory of his arms tightly wrapped around her as he tried to subdue her surfaced, and she had to swallow back the fear. This wasn’t that man, this was Jax. But knowing that versus the memory … it was a battle inside of her.

“Jax?”
10:22 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
01-15-2019, 10:22 AM
[In-Character] [Post #9]
And in that one word, her name, she could tell that the man who had taken her only days before wasn’t lying on this table. No, the man lying there was her friend or at least a piece of her friend. She knew that his bionics were still disabled, but that machines were keeping him alive because of that.

“Yeah, it’s me.” She told him, making her way around the bed and she could feel his fear. It was a sudden sharpness that ran through her, and it wasn’t hers. It was his, and it made her wonder what he thought she was here for? Did he think she was here to retaliate? He should know better, know that she would not act in such a way.

She came around, making it easier for him to see her, making it easier for her to see him and Caitlin gave him a smile. One she knew should help him ease down.

It broke her heart to see him like this. The wires, the tubes…

“I’m fine, Jax.” She told him, taking his hand in hers and squeezing it gently. “The baby is fine too.” A smile curling on her lips as she remembered how he had been the one to even point out that she was pregnant to begin with. That it had taken her a few moments before even realising what he had been trying to tell her.

“I know it wasn’t you.” She told him quietly, holding on still to his hand not willing to let go. He was like a brother to her, and you didn’t abandon your family. “I could feel the change, feel that switch being turned. In that moment you scared the fuck out of me.” Caitlin told him honestly. She took in a deep breath, squeezed his hand again and gave him a smile.

“You’re you again.” This was a fact, nothing of the coldness that had been there before remained. He was full of life, emotions and feelings.

“I don’t blame you, okay?” It was important that he knew that. “I’m just glad that we got you back. You’re family.” She felt herself choke up a little on the last word. Family was everything to her, and in that moment she had decided that Jax was part of hers.
09:38 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
01-15-2019, 09:38 PM
[In-Character] [Post #10]
“I know you are sorry, Jax.” She could feel it, feel his guilt and it made her feel guilty as well. They had dropped into a sense of security, going out on missions and letting him tap into every single system they came across. He had caught the virus during one of those missions, and it made her feel that this was her fault.

The warring emotions within him when she told him he was family, made her want to get angry at him. What did he think he was to them? They had gone through enough, he had been there for them over and over again. No questions asked. Okay, no, he always asked the questions. The right ones. He had been there when the twins had been born, entertained them endlessly even when others would have grown tired.

He was family.

Caitlin narrowed her eyes for a moment, looking at the man and knew that if she went against it that it would not change his mind. “If that’s what you want.” She told him quietly, because it was a simple thing of making him feel better about walking around in this building. “But, Jax, I do not agree with it in the slightest.” Cait spoke softly.

“I get that you want to keep us safe.” And she really did get it, because if she had turned on them like this she would want to make sure that it wouldn’t happen again or at least make sure a few people had the means to stop her. “And that you don’t want this from happening again… “

Cait looked at the monitors, saw code running through one screen and others keeping check on his vital signs. “They got rid of the virus, yeah? Isn’t there a work around or something to protect your current programs?” Because like hell was she going to allow them to install a kill switch. “I know Elise can figure something out.” A smile curled on her lips.

“You found yourself a smart one there, Jax.” She told him gently, one of her hands moved up to his face and cupped it soothingly.

“We’re not giving up on you that easily.” And ever so slightly she gave him a little taste of what she was feeling right now, without overwhelming him because he had enough going on with his own emotions. No, she was letting him feel just enough to make him realise what he meant to her. She loved him like a brother, and he would just have to deal with that.

“Elise is the reason I’m standing here right now, did you know?”