Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [Mutants] Wings N Things [Gabby / Jay]

07-16-2019
08:49 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
07-16-2019, 08:49 AM
[In-Character] [Post #61]
Jay couldn’t help but laugh softly when she told him that his brother was plenty entertaining and gave him a soft kiss on the tip of his nose. He settled down some, her words easing the unease inside of him. If she was fine sitting here and enduring his brother’s strange antics, then he could as well.

A smile curled on his lips as she told him that she wanted to be out with him, and then she produced an idea that made him think of doing other things when she suggested he could watch whatever he wanted. Did that include her in bed, naked? Because he could watch that all day long.

“Tacos sounds good.” He agreed, lifting her hand to his lips again and giving it a kiss. “Watching whatever I want, sounds even better.” Jay had lowered his voice, a trickle of heat flashing through his eyes as he looked at her.

Going to the movies had sound good, had been a good idea and she was right that they hadn’t gone out yet. He had good reasons for that though, very good reasons but the urge to do some boyfriend girlfriend things had been strong, and he had given in. That his brother had decided to show up was unfortunate, but then again if trouble would head their way, he was actually glad that Sam would be here.

Except maybe for now when he decided to throw some snark their way.

Jay moved slightly, looking at his brother who had handed Kate the twizzlers who was digging into them like she was actually hungry.

He couldn’t stop the grin on his face when Gabby threw her own remark back at Sam, and then his gaze fell on Kate who was just sitting there with a twizzler hanging from her lips, and her hand finding its way to his to entwine their fingers together.

“Maybe you should focus more on your own girlfriend, than on mine.” Jay looked at his brother then, quirking an eyebrow.

The intros started playing, a few more people walked into the theatre and sat down. Lights started to dim and his back started to itch, his wings telling him that they didn’t like the confined space of his clothing. He couldn’t blame them; he hadn’t hidden his wings like this for a long time.

“Maybe we should play nice now and watch the movie.” Kate suggested, taking a sip from her drink and looking from one brother to the other.
09:59 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Typh (F)
07-17-2019, 09:59 PM
[In-Character] [Post #62]
If he thought that Sam was going to get under her skin, he had a few things yet to learn. Sam had already likely acclimated himself into a role similar to that of ‘uncle’ in regard to her siblings and her yet to be born self. So his acceptance of her in the present frame of time as a version of that baby would shift his perception of her. She could sense it from him just from the already brief exchange. He exuded confusion, but so much desire to offer some manner of care, irritation with Jay over keeping her out of reach. Regardless if her detainment had been voluntary. As weird as it seemed, Sam was so much the same man that she grew up with.

Whatever Jay was waiting on, some snap or retort his brother could offer, it hadn’t yet produced itself. The scolding offered was a reprimand rather than an asshole remark. Lucky that there was no one yet in the theater, which wasn’t far from the truth.

Sam offered a snort in reply to her comment about there being plenty of other seats, because there was literally any other choice in the room to opt for. No one ese had wandered in, and she wondered briefly if anyone would. They were seeing a moving that was pushing being a decade old.

Kate commented on settling in to watch the movie and smile stole across her face. She liked Kate. She had liked her version of Kate just as well, but this other iteration of her was far more engaging and plenty of extra. She would have to inquire if she wanted to do something outside of being tethered to either of the Guthrie brothers.

The lights dimmed, a few further patrons spread out amongst the rows. She shifted the arm rest between her and Jay upward until it all put disappeared. She set the Dr. Pepper into the cupholder on his other side, then leaned in against him. His body flexed and she noticed quickly that he was occasionally rubbing his opposite shoulder against the seat back. She pressed herself just a bit snugger against him, then reached her arm across him, pushed her hand beneath his armpit and scratched lightly against the feathers pressed against his shoulder blade.

The position put her flush against him, let the way he smelled assault her senses in full, and she peeked up at him through her lashes, barely managing to order herself when the movie finally kicked into gear, a deep voice opening with an idea given by Jules Verne.

They were definitely going to pick tacos up to go and then go back to watch something.

He could watch her pull his clothes off with her teeth.
07-17-2019
11:05 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Typh (F)
07-17-2019, 11:05 PM
FF Post NuclearBenji [In-Character] [Post #63]
Stepping through one of the doorways was always weird, almost more so than going through one of Benji’s portals. He wasn’t sure if it was the shape, or if it was the state of mind of the person who had created it. Some sticky residue of madness perhaps clung to Wanda’s doorways that Benji’s normally put together head couldn’t manage to duplicate.

The weight in his arms was much more prominent when he locked eyes with the redhead the girl he held resembled so much. Her concern was nearly instant and her hand went directly to the volleyball protruding from her abdomen. He wondered if there was a connection there, if the tiny version registered the bigger version’s proximity, if the smaller one could even comprehend the bigger one’s presence. He wondered if they could get in each other’s heads the way that all the kids seemed to link up. Then he shook his head slightly, once, because the tiny version was still an innocent little person tucked away safe inside of the woman moving towards him.

“She’s fine.” He tried to assure her, even if he wasn’t entirely sure about Gabby’s emotional state. She was alive, she was breathing. For the moment, that was what mattered.

“What’s wrong with her?” She demanded. And there was the redheaded cat.

“I had to knock her out.” He replied as he shifted the girl higher into his arms when they entered a hallway. “No, I didn’t club her over the head.” Though that might have saved them time, doing as he had had removed them from the direct sight and reach of the inbound Sentinel at least.

A smaller body tumbled around a corner and he offered his glowing nephew a quick once over, noted his mother rounding to pick him back up onto his feet. Then Gabe turned himself into the sparse room that sat on the other side of the wall from the twins. It had been outfitted in a rather standard décor; a double bed, simple bedclothes, a single dresser, a laundry basket. There was no need to furnish it further, not when they could never be sure who might take it up.

“Her head is quiet.” The little voice piped up from behind him as he bent over to set the young woman out on the waiting bed. And then the three-year-old had hiked himself up onto the foot of the bed, standing somewhat unevenly until Paige picked him up beneath the arms. “She not even dreaming.”

“Let’s let her rest for a bit, Ben.” Paige shushed him.

“I stay with her.” The boy insisted.

“You’re supposed to be in the bath.” His mother countered, and he noted the fact that he was wearing little more than tiny boxer briefs and socks.

The image though, immediately shifted his thoughts to the winged Guthrie. “Where the hell is your brother?” He ask as he rounded on the blonde.

She frowned up at him as she turned in the doorway. “Sam is asleep.” She informed him, her features tightening. “And if you wake him up, I swear I will throttle you, Gabe.”

“Not that one.”
Yesterday
08:47 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Yesterday, 08:47 AM
[In-Character] [Post #64]
“I truly am sorry.” He muttered to Benji as he hoisted the man up in his arms and carried him. “Shit dude, lay of the burritos once in a while.” He muttered as he tried not to drop the guy. If it had been up to him, Jay had stayed out there, watching and waiting for Gabby but someone had urged him to get Benji back to the theatre. He couldn’t even keep track of who it had been, too many telepaths.

Unease had swept through him once he had stepped through that portal, leaving Gabby behind like that, it didn’t sit well with him. Even if she was with her father. Jay knew that she would be fine, safe with him.

It didn’t stop the tightness in his chest.

He had felt the strong, pleasant buzz fade to just a pinprick. Their connection, it wasn’t gone but it was barely there and that had him worried. What had she done?

“Need some help?” A voice piped up, a younger looking man smiled at him. It didn’t look like he could carry much but Jay just nodded, he had no idea where he needed to put Benji to begin with. The younger guy stepped forward and took Benji from him with ease. It was a funny to see a big man like that being carried by a smaller less bulky person. Yet, he had the strength apparently. “I’m Peter.” He said.

“You’re with Valeria.” Jay told him, connecting the dots.
“Yeah, which makes this my brother-in-law.” Peter walked and Jay stepped beside him.
“Where are you putting him?”
“I guess his room.”

Half way towards Benji’s room, Jay got the urge to turn around and go back. “I… eh…”
“Go.” Peter just said, apparently, he had seen something on Jay’s face that indicated that he needed to leave. “I’ll get Beth to check this one out.”
“He shouldn’t technically wake until I tell him so, but…” He looked at Benji and then back down the hallway.
“Go, man. I’ll take care of this one.”

Jay took off in a hurry, following his gut, no following that pinprick. It had flared up a little and he knew that Gabby was here. He needed to see her, the urge to do so was growing. The fact that he was still walking, and not flying down the corridors that he kept it together. But barely so.

Rounding a corner, he was stopped by another red head. This mop of hair belonged to Caitlin and she was frowning at him. And not in friendly way. “You kept her away from us.” She told him; his gaze darted from her to the open door just down the hall. “Jay…” She tried to get his attention, but he couldn’t focus on her.

“Is she okay?” He asked, glancing back at the woman who would be her mother.

Cait looked at him, truly looked at him and she tilted her head as she assessed him. “I see. This explains a lot.” She murmured and Jay just frowned, wondering what explained what and why wasn’t she answering him? His gaze shifted back to the door, picking up on the conversation between Gabe and … Paige?

It didn’t matter. Gabby was in there; he could feel her. “I need to see her.”
“Yes, I guess you do.” Cait said, stepping aside, an amused smile on her lips now. He pushed passed her and caught Gabe’s question directed at Paige, about where her brother was. She thought he meant Sam, but Jay knew better. Fortifying himself against whatever Gabe would throw at him, he took in a deep breath.

“He means me, Paige.” He sounded calm but when his eyes fell on the girl on the bed, he lost all resolve and the urge to go to her overwhelmed him. “I need to see her.” His gaze shifted from Gabe to his Gabriella. His.

“Are you going to let me in this room?” He was trying to be civil, for the sake of his sister and then he noted that she was holding Ben, his nephew. He could feel a heat pushing at his back and knew that Caitlin had stepped behind him. She didn’t say anything though, and Jay wanted to push past Gabe into the room but the last thing he wanted was to end up in a brawl with Gabby’s father.