Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [NYC] The Three Musketeers [Theatre, continued#2]

11-28-2018
09:32 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
11-28-2018, 09:32 PM
[In-Character] [Post #11]
Alex just took everything; didn’t raise his arms, didn’t push back, he just fucking took it. And that just made Gabe all the angrier. He wanted him to fight back with his words, his hands, his powers, anything that would make him seem more alive. Gabe was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that Alex wasn’t a zombie just fumbling back into their lives enough that his brother’s lack of action was pushing him further towards an edge he simply wanted to jump off from. Why was everyone else so calm and accepting? Was he really the only one that had taken Alex’s death so damned hard?

When Alex folded his arms, he struggled to catch himself from trying to advance further. He did the same thing when he was trying to shut down or keep himself from crossing a line, and he had over time watched Scott do the exact same thing. Even Tony knew what that stance meant. Surely living with humans hadn’t made Alex so docile, he was a flipping Summers for fuck’s sake. Yet Alex’s energy signature remained steady, almost patronizingly. He had worked so hard to achieve a similar banking, and then his stupid brother had to walk back in from an empty grave.

Paige’s careful formulation of his name on her lips about brought him up short. There was a hint of warning in her tone, yet something pleading in equal measure. How could she just stand on the sideline and let Alex be there? She even moved to put herself closer to him.

He rolled his hands back into fists, inhaled in an attempt to gather some gathering of his slipping control, and he lifted his chin to keep the moisture in his eye from sliding down the sides of his face when Alex finally spoke, asking him what he had wanted. A bit late for that sentiment.

“I wanted my fucking brother!” He shouted, unable to curb his mounting agitation. “Play the stupid wounded role you always jump right to, little orphan you think that you are, you were my brother from the moment Scott confessed knowing who you were.”

The energy that gathered in his palms pulsed in tune with his rapid heart rate, and he exhaled audibly when Caitlin drew his focus. He shook his hands out at his side and the heat flared outward and gradually dissipated. When he looked sideways at Scott, he felt his anger flare once more. One brother wanted to run, and the other couldn’t figure out who he was. Gabe stepped enough to pivot himself into place between Scott and Caitlin, his concern for his wife’s wellbeing when he knew he would be perfectly capable of subduing his brother well enough to keep him off of her.

…he didn’t know who I was. And he had gone right for her.

He’d been forced to deal with losing Scott, then losing Alex, and now he was saddled with both of them back within days of each other. As if they called to one another, as fucking poetic as that sounded.
11-28-2018
10:03 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Style: Gotham
11-28-2018, 10:03 PM
[In-Character] [Post #12]
He woke up. Just like that. He had felt an energy burst and wondered why he could feel that. They were loud too. So, so, very loud. How could he sleep if they kept the noise up? He followed the sounds, found two men. One he knew, the other he did not.

He locked eyes with the other one, the one he hadn’t seen before in this room.

Did he know him? Argh! It was so frustrating.

Why couldn’t they just let him sleep. He sat up, clutching his hands to his head and shaking it.

“Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.” He chanted. It hadn’t gone unnoticed that the man he knew had moved in front of… His eyes locked with the red lady and she smiled at him.

That made him angry. She smiled? Why? She had put him here, hadn’t she? But she made him sleep as well but he shouldn’t be sleeping so much. There was something he needed to do and she was stopping him from doing that.

“Red bad. Red bad.” He growled, launching himself of the bed and trying to reach for the red haired lady. He needed to stop her. “Stop!” he shouted at her. The younger man was in his way and he clashed into him. He needed to reach her. Needed to make her stop. She was messing with his head. He was sure.

His hands reached out, barely missing the woman. She stepped back, out of his reach and something was holding him back.

“No. No. NO!” He was pulling, reaching. “Make her stop.” He whined in anger.
10:47 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Style: Sovereign
11-28-2018, 10:47 PM
[In-Character] [Post #13]
Alex was out of his depths. There was no denying it. He had no idea what to do and how to act. Part of him wanted to reach out to his brother and another part of him just wanted clock the fellow a good one to send him down onto the ground. Paige’s words spun in his head. He was working hard to follow her advice, but somehow holding it all back just made it worse.

He was the oldest one now, yes, but that did not mean he could not just yell back where a yelled answer was in order, right? And yet, Gabriel’s words were painful to listen to and take in. Laying it out very clearly for him – that Alex was what he had needed, and that Gabriel very much knew him well enough to know where his mind could or would go. He swallowed, feeling trapped and shackled somehow. He wanted to leave. Now.

But he couldn’t. He could see Scott’s reaction to Caitlin and fired up every last siren in his head. Alex dropped low, and his shoulder his Scott square beneath the waistline. “No”, he ground out as he put his older brother back down onto his mattress with a breath-stealing Umpfh. He pushed his right arm down onto Scott’s thighs, using the other to try push back his upper body. “Little help here”, he forced out.

“I don’t know how to be anyone’s brother”, he pushed through forced teeth as he looked at the older man beneath him. It felt like everything was falling apart beneath his very touch. He wanted to think that coming back had been a bad idea. But he couldn’t. Because he had not decided on it. He had just reacted – and Alex was certain he would not take back that reaction for the world.

bury my heart next to yours
11-28-2018
11:41 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
11-28-2018, 11:41 PM
[In-Character] [Post #14]
Eyes immediately locked onto him, and then those ever so familiar eyes swept to take in the other Summers in the room. He watched Scott narrow his eyes as though he were trying to make sense of the sky being blue, then he seemed to shake his head, shake his thoughts. He wondered if he was trying to place Alex in the stream of whatever recollection he could draw from, but if Scott still didn’t know who he was, how was he going to recognize Alex? His aggravation over the situation continued to tip back and forth like a teeter-totter on a playground.

No, Scott needed to stay awake. Retreating into his head likely created some safe place for him to hide, but he needed to be out there, with them.

His focus swung back to Gabe, and then peered beyond him. The sight apparently driving him to irritation as his features tightened. Scott was homing in on Cait, and for a moment, he was exceedingly relieved to not be party to any sort of optic blast.

Red bad. Red rum. It would have been funny in any other situation.

Then Scott was up and moving, lunging in his direction and Gabriel lifted his arms from his sides. Only the connection never met in the middle. Alex finally made his stupid self move and put himself right where he was supposed to be; between them. The brunt of his momentum forward, shoved Scott back onto the cot and he growled out a request for help. Gabe had half a thought to leave him to his own devices and maybe then he could learn how it felt to be the one forgotten and left behind.

His better judgement, however, won over, and he moved away from his wife and directly towards the other two men, immediately taking Scott’s left arm that he swung forward and pinned it down over his head.

“Being present is a plus.” He bit back when Alex cited no knowing how to be a brother. It wasn’t that hard, seriously. Just show up to the job and jump in line. “It’s not like there’s a handbook.” Scott swung out with his left arm and Gabe immediately set onto that one as well. “Kind of like being a parent.” He pointed out because it was important he knew that as well. “You show up, do you’re fucking best, and stick around when it gets rough. You don’t fuckin’ leave!”
11-29-2018
09:49 AM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
11-29-2018, 09:49 AM
[In-Character] [Post #15]
Alex was fully aware of the other man hesitating even if for just a moment. Life as a member of the Brotherhood, and as a trained solider, kicking in quickly. He couldn’t keep the growl in his chest low. Was Gabriel kidding? Maybe he and Alex would hardly if at all hurt by Scott’s beam were it erupt. But what about Caitlin, or Paige…

Yet eventually, he moved, assisting by pinning Scott’s upper body to the cot.

A sneer was Alex’s answer when Gabriel bit back that being present was a plus. Instead of leaving it at that, the younger Summers went on. There was no handbook. Alex adjusted his position a little, relying more on his body weight to keep his older brother down. Gabriel, too, was working to outmanoeuvre him. Gabriel seemed to still not have his hands full, given the fact that he continued to dish out.

Just that this time, Alex couldn’t just absorb the blow. Like being a parent?

Alex shifted and pulled himself up, one leg over Scott. He sat astride, just above the over man’s knees and his right arm pushed down on Scott’s abdominal area, employing the heightened strength that came with the bionic arm. “Are you serious?” he pushed out. That was how low he would stoop to get the upper hand in this pissing contest?

“You leave Ben the fuck out of it.” His tone had dropped considerably. Neither Paige nor his son needed Gabriel Summers to fight their battle. Alex would answer to Paige, he would stand for everything she needed to throw at him and get out of her system. He would answer to Ben and would work hard to make up for the years he had missed. Alex was quite certain by now it wouldn’t have taken him four years to abandon the life as a baseline had he known about having a son. But that was none of Gabriel’s damned business.

“And you think I just woke up that day and chose to walk away?” Alex felt his own anger rise to the surface. There was no real chance to push it back down now. Gabriel knew how to push his buttons. As much as he had wanted to convince himself that his younger brother had not really known him, it was strange how easily he knew just where to probe in order to elicit a reaction. Alex wanted to wring his neck right about now. Somehow having his hands and legs busy by trying to keep Scott down was a blessing – no matter how odd that appeared.

“That I just deliberately left a fucking body part behind?” as if to make a point, Alex used his right arm to easily counteract the strength in Scott’s legs. It was not super-strength but when he wanted it to, he had at least twice of his old strength in that arm. He turned his gaze away from Gabriel who suddenly, while holding down the opposite end of Scott, was a little too close for comfort. He focussed to still the writhing person beneath them. “You think I’d choose to walk away with a kid on the way? That the kind of man you think I am?” Alex felt bitterness on the tip of his tongue – because he didn’t know how to answer this question. He was not sure what kind of man he had been then. Would he have stuck around? He wanted to say yes, but it was in his nature to doubt himself.

Alex could sense the dark waters rising around his ankles. The ever present old friend that reached out whenever situations became uncomfortable. He hated being put on the stand. What was this? A reckoning? Alex doubted he knew the answers Gabriel wanted. In the end, it was something he had to deal with all on his own. The path he had taken and what it had cost him. No matter what Gabriel said or did, where they would go from here, it wouldn’t change that down the line he would always be his own harshest critic.

11-29-2018
05:53 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
11-29-2018, 05:53 PM
[In-Character] [Post #16]
He was pinned down. The unknown man had tackled him and he was back on his bed, trying fruitlessly to reach for the red-haired woman. He flailed with his arms, but those were pinned down as well. The other man.

Pushing down his arms, so all he could do was try and buck them off of him.

Of course, that didn’t work. Not one bit. The two men were strong. Too strong for him right now.

“Get off. Get off.” He growled, his eyes still locked on the woman who was staring at him in… pity? Why? What was wrong with him that she needed to pity him?

His eyes started to burn, painfully. His head started to ache. A familiar feeling. One he knew he had before. He was so consumed with what was going on with himself, with the red lady that he didn’t even pay attention to what was being said above him. He didn’t care about their issues. All he cared about was taking out the woman who was looking back at him.

Was… was she crying?

That triggered something, a conversation he had a lifetime ago. “I can’t lose you.” He whispered. His trashing becoming worse. “Just fry my brain. Do it … I can’t kill you.” He repeated the words that popped up into his mind. ”I can’t … youcantmakeme…”

His eyes were still locked with the red lady and she was gasping and crying, holding her chest like it was aching. She was feeling what he was feeling. His heart was breaking, his eyes burning but he couldn’t go anywhere. They were holding him back. His head trashed from side to side. Not willing to look at anyone right now. Afraid of what would happen if he did.

“Noooo!” He shouted.

Get out of here, find your brothers. The words streamed through his mind. He didn’t have brothers? And yet the two men holding him down…

“No …” He closes his eyes tightly, a scream erupting from his chest. A scream that could chill you to the bone. He knew what was coming next. He knew and couldn’t stop it.

“NOOOO!” he opened his eyes Forgive me … and while looking at the red lady, he saw her drop to her knees. Sobbing.

“Can I sleep now?” He asked hoarsely, not sure what had happened and why that lady was on the floor crying like someone had just died.
07:54 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
11-29-2018, 07:54 PM
[In-Character] [Post #17]
How the hell Scott was strong enough to keep them both on their toes was beyond him. It had to be pure and undiluted adrenaline, that was the only logical explanation. Sure, he had always known his brother to be strong, able to hold him down when he was young and just about literally tickle the damned piss out of him. But this now, was something wholly other, he was more like an animal clawing and scraping at every measure just to survive. And Gabe was no longer some push over little brother.

Scott tensed, ordering them to get off, but they worked oddly well enough to kept him in place, regardless of the squirming he was attempting in every attempt to pitch them away from himself. Gabe snapped his attention right back to Alex as the other man shifted his weight, set his palm against Scott’s abdomen and used his super awesome robot limb to strongarm their brother down into place. Must be so convenient to have a bunch of mechanics to kick in and do the heavy work for you once in a while. What the hell did he even need Gabe for, then?

Alex immediately growled out what he assumed was a warning that Gabe wanted to brush away. Leave Ben out of it? God he was always on the fucking defensive. Always ready to snap at whatever was thrown at him as though it was meant to wound him in some way. Why couldn’t he just accept an offering at face value? Oh, right, because he was an idiot who thought the whole damn world was against him. When the hell else was he going to stop and wonder if having a brother was a good thing? So he about laughed when Alex asked what kind of man he thought that he was.

“I don’t know, Alex, it’s hard to tell what kind of man you are when you keep everything bottled up inside and shove everyone else away.” He scoffed as he shoved Scott’s right arm back down. “The perpetual loner who won’t let anyone else in.”

Scott’s back arched as he tried to wriggle free and his eyes lit up red, sending Gabe’s thoughts into high alert. Then a sob ripped its way across the room. He immediately looked towards Caitlin who collapsed on the floor, her hand gripping at her chest and Paige sliding quickly to her side. He looked briefly at Scott and the distress on his face, before glancing once more at his wife. “Get out of his head, Cait!”

His brother’s panicked and gut wrenching scream about tore him in half and he wasn’t even empathic. It was just in his bones to synch himself to his brother and everything that he did. Scott was in pain, no, deeper than that, the sound was agonized, it had to be given the sound of Caitlin practically retching under the emotional weight. “Caitlin!” He watched Paige take the other woman’s face in her hands, and then he immediately snapped back to Alex, and Scott screamed once more.

“We need-”

“I’m right here.” Beth spoke calmly from the doorway.

He watched her survey the room, watched the fingers of her left hand barely twitch and Scott’s form went still as he pleaded to go back to sleep. Over and over, the place in his head where he felt safe, yet whatever had him in the state had to be locked up tight in there.

Gabriel shifted his weight carefully away from Scott, still not trusting whether or not Beth was in complete control of every measure of her abilities. Can I sleep now? Scott begged and Beth knelt beside him, shushing him gently as Gabe pushed himself back to his feet.

“You’re my brother, you stupid fuck up.” He said as he looked once more across one brother’s body and fixed on Alex. “I accepted that from the first moment.” He pressed his nails in against his palms to keep himself in control, sucking in a breath in an attempt to temper the roiling emotions within. “Then I had to bury you.” He snapped again. “I named my kid after you. You think Cait wanted to name our kid after you of all people?”

Another choked sound from Cailtin had him moving once more. Alex was his brother, whether he wanted him or not, but Caitlin was his wife. His priorities were split, but at least Cait wanted him. He would never be able to make Alex’s decision for him, no matter how much they railed against one another, whether or not he ever accepted that they were brothers was on him. They had the same genetic claim to one another that Gabe had to Scott.

“Turn it off, Cait.” He told her as he knelt down at her side.

“If you need to puke, just do it.” Paige told her, rubbing her back. The blonde turned slightly and reached towards a nearby corner and drew back with a five gallon bucket. “Here, this will hold loads of puke, babe.” Then she wrapped her fingers in Caitlin’s thick red hair and drew it away from her face and off her neck.
11-29-2018
08:22 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
11-29-2018, 08:22 PM
[In-Character] [Post #18]
Gabriel’s words were harsh and Alex found himself more and more wondering whether the both of them would really be having this conversation in this current situation. All Gabriel had were attacks for him. So this would be it? This was what Gabriel would bring to the table. A whole lot of accusations, attacks and quite a bit of name-calling. Anger, Alex reminded himself of Paige’s words. It was pure and undiluted anger.

And anger was a secondary emotion, it came when triggered by something else. This made Alex breathe, work hard to dial back a bit to not turn this into a shouting match when, out of the corner of his eye, he could see Caitlin going down to her knees behind Gabriel. “What …” he started, looking down at Scott. His body reacted on instinct, setting itself to absorb when the older man’s eyes lit up red. It was a little like being sucker punched – because no energy to take in followed.

Gabriel was shouting something at Caitlin. Alex could not really hear the words, as the situation appeared to shift so rapidly. He was not following any longer, he was simply reacting. His gaze sought Paige, and he was relieved to find her coming to Caitlin’s aid. Well, he thought – not without bitterness – in crisis they functioned like clockwork.

That’s when a third woman into the room made them six. Beth. Alex found himself breathing with relief. As Beth knelt down beside Scott, Alex shifted his weight off of his brother. He looked at the newcomer with hope in his eyes. Could she fix him? Maybe if they had Scott, none of this would…

“You’re my brother, you stupid fuck up. I accepted that from the first moment.” Alex shook his head. Well, ain’t I lucky …. He looked up, wondering who Gabriel was trying to kid. He was working hard to keep his emotions in check. Gabriel, and this was a fact, was the one with the worst temper out of all of them. Alex was a proud runner up. But Gabriel was right, Alex had gotten a little too good at bottling things up over the years.

Gabriel went on, stating how they had to bury him, named their kid after him. Alex closed his eyes at this, once more feeling the punch to the gut when he pointed out a little tidbit that had not yet occurred to Alex. Caitlin surely did not like the idea to name her daughter after him at all.

“Can we do this later, please?” Alex pushed out. He suddenly felt tired as the last minutes rushed in on him – his brain was finally catching up. “You’re right, ok?” he added, shooting a glance at Gabriel. “And you have every right … and I mean that”, his voice was becoming thick and he had to clear his throat. "But right now, is not the time.”

Of course it was easy for him – he was not the one who was angry. Alex did not doubt one bit that for trying to cut him off now he would probably find his younger brother trying to clock him a good one once they picked this up again. But he would have to admin, with Scott subdued by force and Caitlin in a heap on the floor, this was not the time to sort of the problems of the two younger Summers brothers.

Alex looked at Beth, and he tried to recompose himself as he sat back on the back corner of the cot. His knees pulled up a little, with his feet on the other side of his brother and the cot. He leaned against the wall, and put all his hope in the telepath now on the scene. “Can you figure out what’s doing this to him?” Alex asked her, once more wondering if maybe Scott being here would fix all this – would help Gabriel and him finally bury that hatchet and go back to working on being brothers.

11-29-2018
08:34 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
11-29-2018, 08:34 PM
[In-Character] [Post #19]
Caitlin had no idea what was happening. One moment Scott tried to launch a bodily attack at her and the next he had locked eyes with her and something had clicked within her. The emotions that were rolling off of Scott were… heartbreaking. Pain, loss and frustration. But also love.

She reached for her chest, rubbing it as she looked at him. His words stirring more ache within and it felt like she was losing the battle to stay out of his emotions.

A sob escaped her lips, as Scott carried on. She knew he was reliving something. Something very horrible and she could only assume it had to be with Emma. The love that was rolling off of him was immense. But it was entwined with sorrow, loss and pain. So much pain.

Gasping for air, she felt the tears stream down her face. This needed to stop, she needed to turn it down but it hurt so much. No! Those were his emotions, not hers. She couldn’t do it, couldn’t stop the onslaught of emotions that were emanating from Scott. His heart was breaking and she could feel it. Could feel everything and it hurt so damn much.

Cait dropped to her knees, crying and she heard Gabe telling her to get out of Scott’s head.

That was a little too late. Especially after that gut wrenching scream that tore out of Scott’s mouth.

She started to feel sick. Like really sick. She retched and then there was Paige holding her face in her hands. “It hurts so much.” She whispered, trying to keep her food down. It wasn’t until Beth showed up that she felt that she could breathe again. Scott settled down enough but it didn’t stop the nausea. Her hand flew towards her mouth as she made another retching sound.

“I can’t.” She hoarsely spoke, looking at her husband with red eyes. Another retch and then there was a bucket in front of her. Paige took care of her hair and Cait just started to throw up like there was no tomorrow. Like she could rinse herself from all the emotions by puking it all out. She reached for Gabe’s hand, needing to feel him. Needed the contact, so she could centre herself. He did that for her.

“I think…” She said after she was certain nothing more would come out. “… that he witnessed Emma dying.” Cait looked at Gabriel and her heart was still aching.
08:40 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
11-29-2018, 08:40 PM
[In-Character] [Post #20]
Jax was out the door before Elise.

It had taken the both of them no more than those two seconds. They had looked at each other as Elise’s words sunk in.

One had to be alive …

Then Jax stood, his legs starting to work before his brain was truly aware of his actions. The moment Carol had linked him to the video and he had watched end to end for the first time, his brain had begun calculating the odds. He was trying to piece the story together because that the recording held the answer to Scott Summers’s current state … it was almost too obvious.

And Elise’s words were the last bit to his theory. It had suddenly all fallen into place, and Elise – Jax thought – was catching on rather quickly for a purely human brain. And in Jaxon’s case, this was quite a compliment.

How both of them were racing down the corridor and to the large flight of stairs. Scott was kept in the other side of the building. Far away from any kind of security measure Jaxon had installed. Somehow, Jaxon wondered, the way was longer than usually.

Elise’s voice rang from behind him, asking what he thought. Was Emma in her body? Or had she found another host? Jaxon was still working on that part. But the fact that Scott was unable to access his ability, let alone basic memory of who he was, indicated that somehow some really thick blocks had been erected. He could not say how long the eldest Summers had been in this state, but Jaxon was certain it was longer than all of them thought.

So that he still struggled to gain access to his memory made it very likely that someone else was holding the reins.

“I think she’s what’s blocking his powers.” Unlike Elise’s, his breath was hardly elevated.

They had made it into the foyer and were now heading up the other flight of stairs. Could he hear shouting? Jaxon picked up speed. Elise called out with an indignant ‘Hey!’ from behind him, but priorities were clear. He had to aid in any attempt to recreate a secure status quo. Shouting indicated they were leaving the status quo.

Jaxon reached the door first, he pushed it open and came to a halt in the frame. The scene he saw was one requiring a bit of time to analyse. His eyes wandered from one person in the room to the next, and he was scanning blood pressure, pulse, body temperature… Paige Guthrie, Caitlin Summers, Gabri… his eyes went back to Caitlin. He did the reading on her again, filing away that he would have to find her subsequently. Every other person in the room. No imminent threat to their lives. Only Caitlin would certainly need to get a check-up, and take it slower. He witnessed her emptying her stomach contents into the bucket with worry.

“I think… … that he witnessed Emma dying.” Caitlin looked at Gabriel as she said this, and Jax nodded.

Meanwhile, Elise appeared in the door behind him. She was a little out of breath as she called over his shoulder. “She’s alive.”
Jaxon nodded, stepping aside to allow Elise better view of the room. “It appears Emma Frost is in stasis. He did not just witness her dying. He thinks he killed her. And I will wager a guess”, he continued. Anyone who knew him knew his guesses. They were educated, calculated and usually right. “She is what is keeping his powers and memory locked away.”