Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [NYC] The Workshop [PRIVATE]

Yesterday
10:17 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Style: Gotham
Yesterday, 10:17 PM
[In-Character] [Post #31]
“Fucking diamond tipped bullets. Whoever came up with that bullshit should just drop dead right now.” Cait muttered. Looking around the room and noticing Kitty’s son, Leif. Just like his mother he’s completely drenched in blood and it made her heart cry. The boy was only eleven.

Kitty continued explaining to her what happened and what the others were currently doing to make sure that Madelyn didn’t perish on their kitchen counter. Caitlin gently pressed her finger tips against the woman’s temples, trying to do whatever to make sure that Madelyn wouldn’t slip away.

The fact that Wanda said that the woman on the table didn’t want to wake up wasn’t an option. They needed answers. Kitty needed answers. Desperately so about her husband. Caitlin couldn’t blame her. She would do anything to find her own husband if he had been taken from her. Yet, hers was here. Not even a foot away, and he knew his children. Talked with them, played with them, read them bed time stories. Chased away their frights in the middle of the night and even during the day.

Leif had never met his father.

Cait gritted her teeth. She agreed with Kitty on this. Today wasn’t what Madelyn needed. “I can’t do much, I’m not a telepath but I can push her emotions enough to wake her up.” She pressed her fingers more firmly into the sides of Madelyn’s head.

“You keep working on those bullet fragments.” She told Kitty. “Gabe, hon, maybe you should get Leif to a shower and give him some fresh clothes as well.” Caitlin started to push at the woman on the table with her empathy. Poking her, nudging her. Already feeling a resistance, some sort of wall being erected to stop Cait from prodding. “I don’t think so missy.” She murmured, poking even harder.
10:45 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Style: Sovereign
Yesterday, 10:45 PM
[In-Character] [Post #32]
Forge didn’t need Caitlin’s comments. He knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that she would have a field day with him if she had the chance right now. But her attention was on Kitty, and on Madelyne Pryor. Forge would not disturb that. The women could do more for the patient than he could. He was one to build things – no matter how ingenious or not. Most of all, what he did had to be practical.

And his being here no longer served as a practicality.

So he withdrew. Steering his way back towards the stair and that room in which his wife lay sleeping – or unconscious. His hands bloody, he smelled copper – a smell he would not lose for the rest of the night.

When eventually, he re-entered the room her unmoving form had been laid to rest, he stood there for the longest time just looking at her. Until eventually he moved; moved and shifted in underneath her, her head coming to rest in his lap. Resting his own head against the wall, he pushed his fingers down along her upper arm. Heaving in a sigh, Forge felt his sober mind tire.

He couldn’t remember when he’d last felt … sober. A throbbing headache announced the work his body would put in to push out the remainder of the alcohol. Forge exhaled.

“I created those bullets. It’s a synthetic. Created by Emma’s biogenic print. It’s ingenious…” he sneered. “Really outdid myself.” But his voice carried disgust. “Look at the man you married …” Drawing a breath and letting it go again, Forge missed his bottle at his workshop. Right about now, he would draw a generous swig.

“Can you sleep, Beth?” He eventually asked her, his voice quiet … gentle. “You’ll get to judge me in the morning, but right now I … and they … need you to rest.” He nodded, his own eyes slipping shut. “For once in your life … rest. Please.”

bury my heart next to yours
Yesterday
11:17 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Yesterday, 11:17 PM
[In-Character] [Post #33]
“Run the program.”
“But we can’t. It will kill him.”
“Fuck, look, I don’t care. The integrity of this facility is at bay. Run the damned program.”
“Sir, it will..”
“You cannot kill a fucking Asgardian…”

“I got it!” A voice breathed through the haze she was trapped in. The pain was sharp and she moaned. Someone was rummaging around in her. In her head, in her body.

Madelyne screamed as something in her head moved and everything turned white. What she didn’t know was that one Kitty Pryde was working hard on removing the fragments of diamond that Beth left behind for her.

But that wasn’t all of it. There was someone in her mind.

“GET.OUT!” She screamed, repelling whoever had their mind poking around in hers.

Her body didn’t feel like her own. Something was madly wrong. Madelyne knew as much. She was no stranger to injuries. Over the years she had been struck down by more than one bullet. But three? Damnit, bad luck. She had just wanted to get out.

She didn’t care about the SFG’s methods six days out of seven. But when it came to putting a proud man down, then she had a thing or two to say. So yeah, she had seen this very proud man. Not of this world. Not meant to die here. Heaving air into her lungs, she tried to speak. “Carlton Read”, she spoke. “Find him …”

Madelyne turned, her eyes finding Kitty’s. It was a moment of clarity and the psychic worried what it meant. Was she about to just hit it right here and now? “They have him. He’s never left.” She breathed in and out, and then gave up to her body rocking the air in and out of her body quicker and quicker.

Kitty yanked away in a frenzy, while Madelyne wondered whether someone she’d been in constant contact these past years was here, too. “Victor?” She tried, her breathing shallow.

“Shit …”, she exclaimed. This wasn’t good. She’d not make it off of this table alive if something happened quick.

Yesterday
11:39 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Yesterday, 11:39 PM
[In-Character] [Post #34]
Her poking and prodding had the desired effect. Madelyn started yelling at them to get out, and instead of complying, Cait just eased back and tried to sooth the woman on the table. Try to keep her calm so Kitty had a chance to remove the last of the shrapnel from Madelyn’s brain.

“Fuck, she’s strong.” Cait gritted her teeth again, pushing against Madelyn to give the woman some clarity.

Then there was a name. Carlton Read. She didn’t recognize it but Madelyn spoke with urgency that they needed to find him. Cait already knew the one person who could help them with that. But what came next, brought chills to her bones.

Thor never left Earth? He was still here and SFG got him? “Shit, shit, shit.” She didn’t have long to think about that piece of information when Madelyn decided to maybe really start dying on them.

“We’re losing her!” Caitlin exclaimed at the same time Madelyn asked for Victor.

Creed?

“Someone get Victor Creed in here! Like right now!” Cait had an idea, a crazy idea but maybe one that could work. Creed could heal himself, what if they infused Madelyn with his blood? Just enough to get the woman to start healing herself. “Creed!” She bellowed, knowing perfectly well that the man could hear her. He was old, but not deaf. His hearing even better than most.

“Chris, when that old geezer sets foot inside this room you strap him down to the chair and get that needle in his arm.”

“Who you calling old, Red?” a dark voice rumbled from the doorway. “And nobody is poking anything into me.” Yet she could tell that he had walked further into the room to see what was going on.

“Sit your ass down. We only need a little.” Caitlin snapped at him.

“You really lack bedside manners, Red.” Victor growled but sat down anyway. Chris switched places, handed Cait the needle that had been in his arm just now and she jammed it into Creed’s vein. “Sit here. Don’t move.” She growled, turning back to look at Madelyn.

“Come on.” She whispered mostly to herself. Waiting for the sign that it was actually working.
11:48 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Yesterday, 11:48 PM
[In-Character] [Post #35]
A name. She had a name.

Kitty committed it to memory, storing it away for another time. As her hands hovered in the woman’s head, she didn’t know whether she had anything left to do here really. Could she not just let this one die? Traitor. Liar. Everything she was working on making sure her son would not be. She wanted Leif to be as pure and as honest as Thor had ever been.

He’s never left.

Kitty groaned and stumbled backwards. “I got it out” she mumbled. The woman’s head was free of the bullet pieces. Someone else had to take care of the rest.

Leif moved in to catch his mother, and she let him. Even if she hated it. How could an eleven year old, even if as tall as grown up, be the savour of a grown up woman? How could she allow for him to grow up into the role of a protector? Her protector. Kitty sobbed as her son caught her. She could not shake free of him. He needed to be able to control his world more than she did. She was a grown-up, and she had met his father. He had had neither of the two.

“It’s okay…”
“Mom, she said he’s here…”
“She did.”
“Mom …”
“I don’t know, love. I don’t know.”
“What about that name?”

Yeah what about it? And knowing her son would snatch his phone first thing and start searching for that man, Kitty sobbed in Leif’s arms, hating herself for being unable to save him from this world.

Carlton Read.
She had a name.

Today
12:11 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Today, 12:11 AM
[In-Character] [Post #36]
Cait started to nibble on the end of her thumb, waiting for the slightest hint of Creed’s blood doing what it should. It’s not that she had done this before and was it even a good idea to just use his blood without cross matching? What if she just killed Madelyn even faster? She started to doubt herself, thinking she murdered someone when one of the wounds slowly started to heal.

“Yes! It works.” She let out a sigh of relief.

“Of course. My blood is very potent.” Victor grumbled. “Very old, you mean.” Cait countered, which resulted in him grumbling something under his breath. “Yeah whatever old man. You stay here. Chris will keep an eye on you two.”

She then returned her focus on Kitty who had collapsed in her son’s arms. Sobbing. She could relate but there was a time to break down and this wasn’t it.

“Come on, Kitty.” She took the woman from her son’s arms. “We have a name. I can help you with the rest. Let’s get you cleaned up, okay?” Cait turned slightly towards Gabe, nodding from him to Leif. “You take the boy, come find me after you have him settled. I need to show you something.” It was time she got him caught up with what she had been doing for the past few weeks.

Once she had Kitty free from the room, she pulled out her burner phone and rang one of the few numbers she had saved in it. “It’s me. Can you run a name, please?” Cait waited for the other person to stop talking. “Carlton Read. And there’s a rush on it.” She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. “I know, I know but this is important. It’s about Thor. They have him and we really want him back.” Caitlin hung up after that, putting away the phone.

“We’ll have info within the hour. Two tops.” She told Kitty. “Now, would you do something for me?” She had been guiding Kitty to the dressing room she had told Richie to put their surprise guest in. Opening the door, she looked at the still form on the cot. Still out cold. Good. “I kinda found Scott…”
12:39 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
RPG Manager
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
Today, 12:39 AM
[In-Character] [Post #37]
She started at the sound of yelling, rolling over from one side of her ‘cot’ to the other, her eyes immediately wide open. There was silence, and then screaming once more and she was up at her feet in half a moment’s time. She didn’t bother drawing her sweatshirt back on, leggings and a tee shirt were fine, probably. Unless maybe there was screaming because the theater had been discovered.

No.

There would be more than just one voice crying out.

She wasn’t supposed to be there. Gabriel had allowed it, even when the pink haired mutant girl had insisted letting humans in was dangerous. He had been far more transfixed on the suit that held the unconscious mutant that Paige had insisted was important. He had tried to pose a hundred questions about the suit; where she had gotten it, how long she had had it, had she stolen it. He had made her aware that it was one of Stark’s originals and she had snapped back that she was aware.

Then he had given her the option of staying potentially indefinitely or leaving that moment with an eye about her always. She had opted for the former. There was nothing waiting for her back at ‘home’. She had never despised mutants. Her best friend had- she halted that train of thought before it could derail. They wouldn’t care about that. Past was past, and the present was now.

Barefoot, she moved out of the room, noting that ‘Megan’ was not there anyway. The hall was empty, save a teen figure racing down in the opposite direction from where a few of the lights were lit, and shadows bounced off the walls. The next room, but it was the one Gabriel had deposited the purple haired mutant she had arrived with. She followed the voices, noted the blood splatters across the flooring and progressed with care. No smart reason to go barreling into a room full of people that likely despised what she was.

There were a pair of feet at the end of the table, Caitlin beside her, a brunette somewhat angled across form her, and a boy about sixteen in a chair with his arm resting palm upward on the table. Red tubing, the body on the table shivered and she straightened slightly. Then the two women were moving out of the room before a woman wearing a red cardigan over all black moved into her view and fixed on her. For a moment her dark eyes shifted to garnet. “I thought you were…someone else.” She tilted her head. “You seem like him.”

Elise frowned, confused.

The woman pointed at herself. “Wanda.”

She knew that name. Tony used to talk about her. That was such a long time ago.

“You knew him.” Wanda perked up. “Come here.”

A hand wrapped about her wrist and tugged her into the bloodied kitchen. She assessed the woman on the table, as well as the individual who still sat in the chair. The boy she had seen there prior moved about nearby, picking rags and paper wrappers up from the counters and floor. And Gabe speaking to someone taller than her, but barely looked a teen.

Wanda picked one of the bullets up off the table. “Do you know what this is?”

Elise swallowed. “That’s a nine millimeter bullet.” She replied, and Wanda stared at her, brows lifting. “It was diamond tipped, wasn’t it.” That was not a question.

“And how do you know that?” Gabriel was looking at her when she glanced at him.

“I’ve seen their plans and prints.”

“How?” He pressed further.

“I…” she swallowed. “I’ve been on their secured server.

Then Gabriel smiled at her. “Perfect. Where did my wife go?”
Today
12:49 AM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Today, 12:49 AM
[In-Character] [Post #38]
Kitty didn’t follow. All of a sudden it was all too much. She did have these moments. Would have them not an again over the past years. She was growing tired. A woman shouldn’t have to search for her husband for over ten years, she should not have to spend so much time trying to find answer about why her son’s father could never be there for him.

Oh Leif could pass off as a grown up at only 11, and he had the seriousness in his gaze to match it. Life had not been easy on her boy. And it broke Kitty every time she thought of it. She could still remember how ecstatic Thor had been about their child. She could remember everything.

She had been searching for him for so long – these moments when she snapped or just broke down, they happened more and more often lately. So she didn’t complain when Caitlin beckoned her to come along. She needed to get cleaned up. Red really wasn’t her colour. She nodded and followed her friend, leaving her son to Caitlin’s husband. Leif generally was weary towards male figures but somehow Kitty just hoped it would work for once.

Hardly catching up what Caitlin was doing and why she made a phone call, Kitty just shuffled after her. The idea that Thor had been here all this time. It was proof of her own failure to her. She had had her sights set on Asgard. Get the Byfrost open. And he had been here all this time? Some black site, some compound. Oh god, he had been here all this time.

Cait announced that they would have the information within two hours at maximum. She couldn’t really make anything of it. After ten years, two more hours was nothing.

Blindly she just followed Caitlin, not considering that there might be something else to look at or work through tonight. She was just happy to get a set of new clothes, maybe wash off the crimson. She reeked of copper. It was revolting at best.

But that was not it.

That was not why Caitlin had brought her here. Kitty grasped as much as she stared at the figure lying there in front of him. “Oh my god…”, she whispered, suddenly wide-awake and no longer shaken to the core. “Cait … oh how did you … geez…” Kitty dropped to her knees when she found another corner stone of this world’s mutant lying there. A man who’d been gone for years… much like her husband.

She shrunk to a crouch next to him. He was asleep, not reacting to either of them.

Kitty lowered her hands, and let them seep into his form in intangible state. “This is Scott Summers”, she said, obviously shaken. Her breathing was laboured as she stared at the motionless form on the mattress. Slowly, her mind was catching on, however. Kitty’s abilities let her easily find bugs. Good thinking, Cait, she thought. Make sure he’s not bugged.

“There’s nothing”, Kitty said eventually as she pushed away, shivering and helplessly trying to regain composure.
“If he’s alive … there’s a real chance Thor is as well.” She sought the other woman’s eyes. A moment passed, the another. And Kitty’s mind caught on. “Your husband doesn’t even know you found him … and you don’t know what you found.” It might just look like her brother-in-law… and be something else entirely. Who knew what they did with their loved ones in these compounds? Who knew … who knew what Caitlin had brought back here?