Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Recipes for my two favourite ladies.

12-23-2018
06:40 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
12-23-2018, 06:40 PM
Recipes for my two favourite ladies. [Post #1]
White Mulled Wine

500 ml White Wine (dry)
300 ml Apple juice
1-2 tea spoons of grated lemon zest
a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
juices of 1-2 freshly pressed oranges
50 ml of orange liqueur
2-3 cinnamon sticks
white rock candy

Mix the first 7 ingredients in a big pot. Note that the better the wine you buy for this, the better this turns out. Don't use dried ginger or packaged orange juice. It will not be the same because these two ingredients give this thing the kick.
Also: Cheap orange liqueur works fine. The better variety can produce nicer results.
Heat up but do not boil.
Add rock candy to taste. Normal sugar works fine. You will need it, it's just not the same without added sugar.

I generally find that using sweet wine and leaving out the sugar in the end does not create the same result.

Note: I make this recipe at least half a dozen times each Christmas. I've tried around a lot.

bury my heart next to yours
12-24-2018
11:13 AM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
12-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Kaiserschmarrn
(Austrian style 'pancakes')

30g raisins
rum flavour / or 2 tablespoons of Rum
4 eggs, white and yolk separated
30 g sugar
1 pck vanilla flavoured sugar
375 ml milk
125 g flour (not self-raising, just good old plain flour)
40g butter
powdered sugar
salt

Mix rum and raisins, let it sit for 30 mins (I usually put them in some orange juice, possibly add rum flavour)

Whisk egg yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar in a bowl until light yellow and creamy. Add milk, then pour in flour bit by bit. Add raisins.
Whisk egg whites until stiff. Carefully fold into the mixture.

I generally use 2 big pans. Throw in some butter and then add batter. Half an inch thick (the entire batter is just enough for 2 30cm pans in my experience) . Leave until underside has settled a bit and thus browned, then flip. When second side is settled as well, start tearing it apart (in the pan). Sprinkle sugar on top, keep it in there for a bit so the sugar can melt.

Should be no darker than yellow / golden kind of colour
Keep the heat low - if you put it too high it'll burn.
And no problem if you cannot flip the batter in one piece, you gotta tear it later anyway.

Eat with sugar / cinnamon mixture, or apple sauce or plum compote.

bury my heart next to yours