PDA

View Full Version : Character Problem: Devin; To be or not to be [WWD / ADA]

Imzadi
02-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Ok so, figure, since we now have a place for it, I might as well use it :D Anyway, since yesterday I am coming closer and closer to just retiring Devin (http://www.midnight-shadows.org/rpgchars.php?c=288). Next to Gabriel she just pales story-wise, and I've just done ADA for too long to be able to play a character which isn't driven on the story-wise part of playing in WWD.

But, I'd like to give her another chance before I just give up on her (even if just for now - I mean, you never know ;)). She's a former FGBer, that I did keep in her biography. I doubt many FGBers will remember her, my visit to the FGB was a really short one to be honest ;) But anyway she was in Smanfy's Coven which I think was Silver Rose? And then basically got snatched away by someone and lured over to the darkside.

She doesn't have too many IC posts, so there's not much determined about her yet - besides what's in the bio. Was wondering if anyone could help me with ideas for her.

Dreamscape
02-19-2010, 11:31 AM
I think it would be interesting to put her in the FGB. Sometimes having a character try to redeem themselves is quite a cool plot point.

Imzadi
02-19-2010, 11:35 AM
I think it would be interesting to put her in the FGB. Sometimes having a character try to redeem themselves is quite a cool plot point. The problem for me is that I really am no good with the FGB side of things :-p But maybe, what if she tried to get into FGB. I mean, playing an ADAer who wants out is not the same as playing an FGBer who just got in :chin:

Is there any way to find old member lists of Silver Rose? See who might still be around? :chin:

Katherine Turner
02-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I hear ya on that one. I am no good at the FGB thang either. To take Katherine Turner out of the ADA was like whoa what does she do now? All she ever did was to make trouble for someone but now she is suppose to save the world. It makes you go deeper into the characters personality for sure when you are on FGB I think they got some new covens I think.

Unforgiving
02-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm still around Chrissie, though... Alexander was Silver Rose before he switched out to the ADA :-p

From memory though, Billy was in Silver Rose, he just came back. Other than that, Tom's char Ryan has been retired, so has Carly's character Freya. Have you thought about having her play an FGB Spy within the Academy? Or Vice Versa?

Tyrant
02-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Under cover agent from FGB who went through a demonic transformation on purpose, but gets to keep her humanity (though now warped!), and she is trying to blend in while hunting demons on the sly. :D

Imzadi
02-24-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm still around Chrissie, though... Alexander was Silver Rose before he switched out to the ADA :-p Oh really?! :wow: You and I must plot!!!! :wow:

From memory though, Billy was in Silver Rose, he just came back. Other than that, Tom's char Ryan has been retired, so has Carly's character Freya. Have you thought about having her play an FGB Spy within the Academy? Or Vice Versa? Ok thanks for the member info :D And I don't think the spy angle works for her. I've set her up to be too helpless in this entire thing. Basically she had her magical skills dumped on her in a way not really knowing what the hell was going on. And this has basically stayed this way. She doesn't have a preference for either side and I think she'd be less than interested in tying herself to one side and spy on the other for them :chin: Devin is more like trying to emancipate herself in what appears like a game in which she's a ball and uselessly thrown about this far ... making any sense?

Under cover agent from FGB who went through a demonic transformation on purpose, but gets to keep her humanity (though now warped!), and she is trying to blend in while hunting demons on the sly. :D She's raising an eyebrow at you rather incredulously.

Targaryen
02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Chrissie if you're looking for something to do with Devin, maybe she could manipulate Danny into giving information to her about the FGB?

He's rather new around the place and wouldn't really know she's a demon. :)

Prophecy
02-25-2010, 07:48 PM
I believe my character is one of the only Silver Rose characters left from around the time that Devin joined our coven, as Jono pointed out. So let me know if you need Billy for anything.

Imzadi
02-25-2010, 08:02 PM
I got a few threads going at this point and actually figured out a plot twist or two for her (A) (which I think rocks (A)) I'll probably be at this for a whole long while. But I will likely call upon your offers Kieran and definitely Billy sometime in the future :D She's gonna be searching for a little longer - and definitely stay a demon for a while to come (just allows to work the angle better imho).

Thanks everyone for their thoughts and ideas! You guys helped a lot! :D

As a mod, and with this thread having fulfilled its purpose I shall now be closing :)